These Puff Pastry Prosciutto and Asparagus Appetizers are so delicious, look beautiful plated, and are really quick and easy to prepare. They are perfect for any occasion, and will definitely impress your friends and family. I got the idea from Pinterest, but put my own little spin on it.
1 box frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
1 asparagus bunch
12 slices prosciutto
1 pack cream cheese (8 oz)
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon water
1. Thaw puff pastry according to the instructions on the box. I separated the 2 sheets and left them at room temperature for about 40 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll the puff pastry sheets out a little, then cut each sheet into 6 even rectangles. It will make a total of 12.
4. Cut about 2 inches off the ends of asparagus and toss it with olive oil, seasoning salt, and garlic powder.
5. Place a slice of prosciutto, a thin slice of cream cheese, then 2 asparagus stalks on each piece of puff pastry dough.
6. Take two opposite puff pastry dough corners and wrap them tight around the filling, then place them on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
7. Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the egg wash on each pastry piece, then sprinkle a small amount of seasoning salt. (Optional.)
8. Bake at 425 F for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
They smell so amazing when you first take them out of the oven! These appetizers are best served fresh, or you can toast them in the oven at 400 F for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!