This Savory Waffle breakfast sandwich is so delicious! It’s great for breakfast or brunch. It’s gluten free, low carb, and keto friendly. Perfect combination of smoked salmon, eggs, avocado, and those pickled onions bring a really nice brininess. ( Find the recipe for “ pickled onions “ at lenaskitchenblog.com.) This recipe was inspired by smoked salmon, avocado toast. I found a recipe of a low carb waffle on Pinterest, but changed it up a bit. Impress your friends and family with something new at your next casual get together.
2 large eggs
1 cup grated cheese ( I like to use Colby and Monterey Jack )
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons almond flour
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 pack smoked salmon
1 large avocado
Everything bagel seasoning
3 green onion
Pickled onions ( from lenaskitchenblog.com )
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. Combine all the waffle ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix them well.
3. Grease the waffle iron with cooking spray then empty the mixture onto the center of it, and close the lid.
( This savory waffle takes the same time to cook as any regular waffle.)
4. Heat a medium size skillet and fry 4 eggs.
5. Once the waffle is ready cut it into 4 pieces then start adding the toppings.
6. Add fried egg on each piece of waffle, then a couple of locks of smoked salmon.
7. Cut the avocado in half then slice it into about ¼ inch slices.
8. Clean then cut the green onion diagonally.
8. Add the avocado and green onion on top of the salmon then sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning.
9. Last but definitely not least top the waffle sandwich with pickled onions. Enjoy!