These Grilled Shrimp Tacos are so fun to serve! They are really simple and quick to prepare. Juicy grilled shrimp, fresh guacamole, crunchy coleslaw mix, and creamy, tangy taco sauce taste so perfect and delicious together! They taste so healthy and light, yet filling. I absolutely love the soft tortilla bowls because they don’t make a mess, I would know because I’m a messy taco eater. I also included searing the shrimp option in the recipe if you prefer that over grilling. This will definitely be my go-to recipe for the summer.
2 lb raw Jumbo shrimp
3 garlic cloves minced (about 1 tablespoon)
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (or your favorite seasoning salt)
3 medium size ripe avocados
1 medium size tomato diced
3 tablespoons diced onion
2 garlic cloves diced (about 2 teaspoons)
3 tablespoons lemon juice (or lime juice)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Toppings and Tortillas
2 boxes of Soft Tortilla Bowls (each box contains 8 tortilla bowls)
1 small bag of coleslaw mix
1 package of Queso Fresco
1 cilantro bunch diced
1. Peel the shrimp, then marinade it in diced garlic, taco seasoning and, Old Bay seasoning, or your favorite seasoning salt.
2. Mix it well together and refrigerate while preparing other elements for the tacos. The shrimp cooks really fast so I like to prepare the guacamole and the sauce before cooking it.
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, then scoop them out with a spoon into a medium size bowl.
2. Mash the avocado using a fork.
3. Add diced tomatoes, minced garlic, lemon juice, (or lime juice) diced onion, salt, and cayenne pepper, then mix the ingredients together well.
4. Cover the bowl of guacamole with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
1. In a medium size bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, white granulated sugar, and cayenne pepper.
2. Whisk the ingredients together until the sauce is smooth.
Cooking the Shrimp:
1.Preheat the grill to 450F or medium/high heat.
2. Soak wooden skewers in water, then add shrimp on the skewers, making sure not to crowd it too much.
3. Grill the shrimp for about 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
1. Using a large skillet, melt about 3 tablespoons of butter on medium/high heat.
2. Sear the shrimp for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
3. Empty it into a bowl or a serving dish so it doesn’t continue cooking.
Assembling the Tacos:
1. Add about 3-4 shrimp into each soft tortilla bowl, a little bit of coleslaw mix, and a spoonful of guacamole.
2. Drizzle some sauce on each taco, crumble a little bit of queso fresco, then sprinkle some cilantro cilantro.
Serve and Enjoy!!!