This Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl tastes so fresh and is perfect for spring and summer! Full of flavor, but is extremely easy to prepare! I had a friend with her kids stop by when I was just finishing shooting the recipe. I had them try it and they loved it, especially her 4 year daughter. It melted my heart! I love feeding people and it’s always a great feeling seeing them enjoy my food!
Tips for purchasing Fish for the Poke Bowl:
I ask for sushi grade tuna, then I ask to smell it before buying it. It’s supposed to smell like the ocean. If it smells fishy it is not very fresh, and probably isn’t very safe to eat raw.
2 Ahi tuna steaks. (mine were about ¾ lb each)
3 cups steamed rice (¾ cup per bowl)
1 english cucumber
2 large avocados
Romaine lettuce (handful of chopped per bowl)
3 green onions
1 cups seaweed salad (¼ Cup per bowl. I just get it from a sushi place nearby.)
Toasted sesame seeds
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar seasoned
3 garlic cloves minced ( about 1 tablespoons )
1. In a medium size bowl whisk together soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, and minced garlic to make the sauce.
2. Dice the tuna steaks into bite sized pieces and mix it well with the sauce.
3. Dice avocados, cucumbers, green onion, and chop the romaine lettuce.
4. Assemble the bowl by putting ¾ cup of steamed rice at the bottom of each bowl, then avocados, cucumbers, lettuce, and seaweed all split into 4 servings.
5. Place the diced tuna with the sauce in the center of each bowl, also split into 4 servings.
6. Top with diced green onion and drizzle the leftover sauce over the toppings, then add a little bit of toasted sesame seeds.
Serve and enjoy!